Call for papers: eRegion Central Europe Development, a thematic issue of the Journal Organizacija 2008
eRegion Development, Thematic Issue of the Journal Organizacija 40(2007)2
You are kindly invited to consider submitting a research paper to “eRegion Central Europe Development”, a thematic issue of the Journal Organizacija (http://www1.fov.uni-mb.si/mzalozba/anglesko/journal.htm) to be published in April 2008. The submissions are due Tuesday, January 8, 2008. You are welcome to share this invitation with your colleagues.
You may like to learn that the "eRegion Development", thematic issue of Organizacija 40 (2007)2
Some of the possible research questions are the following:
- What will the major issues be in an accelerated development of the eRegion in Central Europe in next 2-3 years?
- What are “win-win” concepts for closer connectivity between the regions in the EU that are built upon strategies of common development and collaboration?
- What can the Central European eRegion learn from the successful ICT-based region initiatives in Western Europe and elsewhere?
- Which eCollaboration applications may contribute the most to the development of the eRegion?
- Which types of inter-organizational system will require the most attention in the Central European eRegion?
- What will be the role of mobile communications in an eRegion? Is a mobile technology a way to setup the most suitable communication infrastructure for nearly all the people in a short time-period? How can the mobile technologies contribute to accelerated eRegion development? What are the most important mobile applications for an eRegion?
- What could be the major contributions of the universities in the eRegion?
- What can be the organizational structure of a cooperation model for universities and independent research labs cooperating with governments and businesses?
- Which emerging technologies may be the most relevant to the development of the eRegion?
- Does an eRegion need a Regional Portal, or a Portal of Portals?
- Which regions in Europe should the Central European eRegion start to eCollaborate with?
- Which role should/could the ALADIN-based Central European eRegion have (http://ALADIN-Net.eu)?
- How important to the eRegion development are a creation and cross-border cooperation of the Living Labs within the European Network of Living Labs (http://OpenLivingLabs.eu).
Jože Gričar, Professor & eCenter Director
Faculty of Organizational Sciences, University of Maribor, Slovenia
Guest Editor, Organizacija, Thematic issue “eRegion Central Europe Development”, April 2008.